Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine
—Literature Available William L. Wathen, president of Terry Steam Turbine, Windsor, Conn., recently announced a small auxiliary turbine, the first new small turbine to be developed by the industry in 20 years.
The GLT solid-wheel, singlestage machines are designed to meet requirements of API 611 and are available in ratings to 200 hp. They feature total standardization, oilfree lubricating system, overhung design, innovative governor valve and tight shut-off trip valve, true centerline support and low installation and maintenance cost.
The unit's high temperature ball bearings are sealed and grease packed with an L-10 life in excess of 50,000 hours, and require no lubrication oil. The governor drive gear design is oversized for ruggedness and uses non-metallic gears which eliminate the need for a coupling and lube oil.
Reduced maintenance/parts costs are realized with features that include a one-piece body for the governor and tight shut-off trip and throttle valves, elimination of both valve bonnet and joint, single stem penetration and a valve system design that permits the trip valve to be opened against full line pressure.
GLT installation simplicity is achieved with such features as absolute standardization of the basic envelope, uniform mounting dimensions and uniform steam connections for all sized machines. Some popular control options are available, a solenoid trip, electronic tachometer and hand valves. Also available is a tungsten carbidecoated wheel for reduction of longterm maintenance costs where difficult wet steam conditions are encountered.
GLT turbines are available in ratings up to 200 hp. Inlet pressures and temperatures rating to 650 psig and 750 FFT-back pressure to 75 psig.
For complete information on Terry's GLT single-stage turbine, Circle 21 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 15, 1985 issue
- Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship page: 5
- Radio-Holland USA, B.V. Automates Coastal Station WLO's Radiotelex Service page: 5
- Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine page: 6
- NEW GHH-Constructed Drydock, Mission Bay, For Continental Maritime page: 8
- Free Brochure From Baldt Details Moor-Free™ Rapid Release System page: 8
- Korobov Elected Vice President-Finance For COMSAT TeleSystems— Mutnick Named Controller page: 10
- Tano Receives Additional Coast Guard Contract Valued At $2.7 Million page: 10
- Daewoo Wins $16.5-Million Contract To Build Offshore Vessel For India page: 10
- Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System page: 10
- Weerts Named Senior Program Manager For American Systems page: 11
- ABS Developing New Computer Programs To Aid Ship Designers page: 11
- Smith Appointed Senior Vice President For American Steamship page: 14
- Bohme Named Product Development Manager For Simpson Timber page: 14
- Joseph Joins COMSAT As Executive Vice President page: 14
- Lundberg Reappointed Director General Of INMARSAT page: 16
- Literature Available On Clemco Industries' 'Educt-O-Matic' page: 16
- Hubbard Named To Newly Created Position At American President Lines page: 16
- SNAME Introduces New Quarterly— The Journal Of Ship Production page: 16
- Cambridge Instruments Completes New Plant page: 16
- Navigation & Communications Equipment — A R e v i e w— page: 18
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Unique Advantages page: 32
- Tompkins To Market BFGoodrich Bearings In Four Eastern States page: 33
- Los Angeles SNAME And ASNE Sections Meet In Joint Session page: 34
- Literature Available On FIRE-PREP® 2012 From Nalco Chemical page: 34
- Skantek Announces SK-401, An OCR Software Technology Breakthrough page: 34
- John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals page: 34
- Flakt Offers 20-Page Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 36
- Clemco Pipe Cleaning Tools Blast-Clean Pipe Interior Without Rotating The Pipe page: 39
- Hitachi Delivers Jackup Rig Built For O N G C Of India page: 39
- PRC Announces Availability Of New Family Of Mercaptan Functional Polymers page: 40
- New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners page: 45
- Gulfport Orders Second Paceco Container Crane page: 45
- Brochure Available On HF-SSB Radio Products From Harris Corporation page: 45
- Halter Marine Awarded $85-Million Navy Contract To Build Six T-AGOS Ships page: 46
- Bailey Joins Selkirk Metalbestos As Staff Engineer For Piping Line page: 46
- Zito Named Vice President- Marketing & Development Of COMSAT Technology page: 46
- No Claims Yet On Cat's Over-The-Counter Parts Availability Guarantee page: 46
- Racal Wins $2.8-Million For Marine Simulators page: 46
- McTighe Offers Brochure On High-Flow & Low-Flow Oil/Water Separators page: 46