Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation
The U.S. Coast Guard has given its approval for courses in radar training at Marine Simulation, Inc., MSI, according to an announcement by David L. Wood, president. The approval of the radar programs at the new training center in Lower Manhattan covers initial, refresher, and re-certification courses. The certification process is accepted by the Coast Guard for initial or renewal of licenses that require the holder to have a Radar Endorsement on his license.
The three radar courses now join others, such as Crude Oil Washing (COW) and Inert Gas Systems (IGS), taught at the center in accordance with IMO and Liberian regulations.
Located at 17 Battery Place in New York City, MSI was established last November by Mr. Wood, a Maine Maritime Academy graduate and an ex-Navy flyer, to fill what he felt was a void in maritime instruction in Lower Manhattan.
MSI is said to be the only maritime training center in the New York City area that operates six days a week on a "walk-in" basis.
No reservations are necessary, and the programs can even include meals and hotel accommodations at reasonable rates for students coming from outside the area.
Circle 19 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from March 15, 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47