Leevac Shipyards Delivers 165-Foot Supply Vessel To Offshore Express
Dennis Banta, president of Leevac Shipyards of Jennings, La., recently announced the delivery of the 165-foot offshore supply vessel Champion Express to Offshore Express, Inc. of Houma, La. The Champion Express is the first of two sister vessels ordered from Leevac Shipyards by Offshore Express, Inc. The second vessel is named the M/V Diamond Express.
The Champion' Express is 165 feet long, has a 38-foot beam, and a 13-foot depth. The vessel is powered by two Detroit model 16V149 diesels, providing 1,860 hp. The engines drive two 74- inch f o u r - b l a d e stainless-steel Avondale propellers through Twin Disc MG 540, 6:1 reduction gears.
Two 8V-71 GM diesel engines provide power for the GE generator of 99 kw. The Champion Express is equipped with a 200- hp, 4,000-pound Jastram bow thruster. The steering system is by SSL Vessel capacities include 44,- 400 gallons of fuel oil; 12,000 gallons of potable water; 132,000 gallons of ballast water; 4 by 750 cubic feet of dry mud; and 4 by 375 barrels of liquid mud.
The deck cargo area is 96 feet by 28 feet.
The Champion Express has accommodations for 17 persons.
Leevac Shipyards, one of three operating divisions of the Leevac Corporation, is recognized for its outstanding reputation in design, engineering, and expert craftmanship in the construction of vessels, barges, and crews quarters. The shipyard has the latest in technology in its construction facilities utilizing plasma arc N/C equipment. Together with its sister companies — Leevac Marine Transportation, providing bunkering, lightering and transportation of petroleum products, and Leevac Petroleum, distributors of diesel fuel and lubricants for rig and vessel operation— the corporation is capable of providing its customers with a totally integrated comprehensive package of services.
Other stories from February 15, 1983 issue
- Raytheon Service Awarded $1-Million Navy Electronics Contract For Conversions page: 4
- USCG Uses Faster, Easier Stud Welding System —Literature Available page: 8
- National Marine Opens Dock-Side Diesel Shop In Harvey, Louisiana —Literature Offered page: 8
- Burrard Yarrows Announces Two Senior Appointments page: 8
- Raytheon Company Forms New Office Of Corporate Marketing page: 8
- Successful Trials Held For Heavy Lift Vessel Sibig Venture page: 10
- Raytheon Holds SatCom Engineering Seminar page: 10
- NABRICO Names Holland Tidewater Area Distributor page: 10
- INTERNATIONAL OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 14
- Irvine Named General Manager And Chief Surveyor For AMT Panama page: 23
- Ocean Carriers Seeks MarAd Approval For T-5 Tankers Charter To MSC page: 24
- TeleSystems Concludes Distribution Agreement With Grove Of Canada page: 24
- Eastern Marine Delivers Trinity River To Transportation Resources page: 25
- COAL EXPORTS page: 26
- Navy Secretary Says '83 Budget Permits Fleet To Reach 600 Ships page: 27
- Halter Marine Delivers First Of Four 191-Foot Supply Boats To Point Express page: 30
- Navy Solicits Qualified Sources To Overhaul Ships Machinery page: 30
- First Of Five Tankers For USSR Christened At Rauma-Repola Yard page: 32
- LR#s Offshore Register Shows Increase Of Over 100 Units In Mobile Drilling Rigs page: 32
- $4.5 Million In Cost Increases Approved By MarAd For Two Ro/Ro's page: 32
- AWO 40 YEARS OF PROGRESS page: 34
- Navy Exercises Final Options In $1.7 Billion T-AKX Program page: 37
- Leevac Shipyards Delivers 165-Foot Supply Vessel To Offshore Express page: 38
- Bay Shipbuilding Completes Repairs To USCG Cutter Mackinaw Ahead Of Schedule page: 39
- Newport News Announces Five Executive Appointments page: 40
- USS Ticonderoga, First Of New Class Of Cruisers, Joins The Fleet page: 41
- Amos Baki Appointed Vice President At Rosenblatt & Son page: 42
- Frydenbo Names Triconn Licensee In U.S. For Rotary Steering Gear page: 42
- Report Available On Computer Data Transfer Via Maritime Satellite page: 43
- Hitachi Zosen Shipyard Delivers 53,538-Dwt Car/Bulk Carrier page: 49
- •Blount Delivers Cruise Vessel For Chesapeake Bay Service page: 49
- Air Hoists Help Speed Propeller Repair At Todd's Seattle Yard page: 49
- Asia Pacific Launches Supply Vessel For National Marine page: 54
- Malcolm Dick Elected President Of Gibbs & Cox Naval Architectural Firm page: 55
- Free Interface Offered With Texas Instruments' SatNav —Literature Available page: 55
- New Managing Director Appointed At Neorion page: 55
- General Dynamics Elects Fritz G. Tovar To New Vice Presidential Posts page: 55
- Free 24-Page Color Brochure Describes Deutz B/AM 816 Diesels page: 55
- New Model Pilot Ladder Has Easily Replaced Steps —Literature Available page: 55